Congress strongly opposed to corruption: Rahul
Gidderbaha: Sending a clear signal
to partymen, Congress general secretary Rahul Gandhi on Friday
said those who indulged in corruption would face an end to
their political career.
"Before allotting tickets I met party candidates and told
them in straight terms that if at any level I come to know
about involvement in corrupt practices of any partymen his
career will end immediately," Rahul said at an election rally
in this hinterland of Malwa region of the state.
Taking a dig at Shiromani Akali Dal (SAD)-BJP alliance in
Punjab, he said that, "they (the ruling combine in Punjab)
only make speeches but do nothing on the ground and fight
polls for personal benefits".
He said that the Congress was committed to eradicate
poverty from the country.
He lambasted SAD-BJP alliance for talking about
converting Punjab into California and at the same time asked
BJP leader L K Advani that why did he become ignorant about
corruption in BJP ruled states of Karnataka, Jharkhand,
Chattisgarh and Punjab.
Reiterating his party`s stand for a strong Lokpal, he
said that, "we want to make Lokpal a constitutional body which
remains out of all kind of pressures".
"It was BJP led NDA which brought impediments in the path
for a strong Lokpal Prime Minister Manmohan Singh, Congress
President Sonia Gandhi and the Congress brought a bill of
Lokpal in the parliament, but the BJP and its allies pushed
red botton to put brakes on bringing a strong Lokpal," he
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Know how much sex is enough for happiness
- Swaragini: Ragini gets caught in her own trap; Swara slaps her
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Shah Rukh Khan tweets about new ‘Dilwale’ song
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed