Congress tainted by scams, has no future: Mulayam
Kolkata: Mulayam Singh Yadav on Wednesday hit out at the Congress while stating his Samajwadi Party was ready to take up a larger, national role.
Addressing the party’s national executive here, Mulayam said the Congress government at the Centre was riddled with scam, adding it has no future.
“The reputation of Congress has been tainted throughout the country due to a number of scams,” he said.
Many of the ministers in the present government have been named in scams, the SP chief noted.
Mulayam said the SP was ready to take up larger responsibility in the country, adding his party’s responsibility was not just confined to Uttar Pradesh – its home state.
The SP chief’s remarks came just a day after he said that the Samajwadi Party, a key outside supporter of the UPA government, is in the "opposition" and will fulfil its role in that capacity.
Calling the Congress "directionless", Mulayam had said: "There are so many scams, so much of corruption...We never thought this will happen."
"We are in the opposition. But this not does mean that we are against any individual. We are against the policies (of the UPA) which are wrong and they must rectify them," the SP supremo said.
At the national executive, Mulayam said the SP has managed to live up to the expectations of the people. He added that the Akhilesh Yadav government should fulfil all his promises made in the election manifesto.
Stating confidently that the next government at the Centre would not be possible without the support of the SP, Mulayam expressed confidence that his party will open its account in West Bengal in the Lok Sabh polls.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery