Congress tainted by scams, has no future: Mulayam
Kolkata: Mulayam Singh Yadav on Wednesday hit out at the Congress while stating his Samajwadi Party was ready to take up a larger, national role.
Addressing the party’s national executive here, Mulayam said the Congress government at the Centre was riddled with scam, adding it has no future.
“The reputation of Congress has been tainted throughout the country due to a number of scams,” he said.
Many of the ministers in the present government have been named in scams, the SP chief noted.
Mulayam said the SP was ready to take up larger responsibility in the country, adding his party’s responsibility was not just confined to Uttar Pradesh – its home state.
The SP chief’s remarks came just a day after he said that the Samajwadi Party, a key outside supporter of the UPA government, is in the "opposition" and will fulfil its role in that capacity.
Calling the Congress "directionless", Mulayam had said: "There are so many scams, so much of corruption...We never thought this will happen."
"We are in the opposition. But this not does mean that we are against any individual. We are against the policies (of the UPA) which are wrong and they must rectify them," the SP supremo said.
At the national executive, Mulayam said the SP has managed to live up to the expectations of the people. He added that the Akhilesh Yadav government should fulfil all his promises made in the election manifesto.
Stating confidently that the next government at the Centre would not be possible without the support of the SP, Mulayam expressed confidence that his party will open its account in West Bengal in the Lok Sabh polls.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read