Congress to hold `Kisan Panchayat` in Bhatta Parsaul
Lucknow: To garner farmers` support for the
2012 Uttar Pradesh Assembly polls, Congress on Sunday decided to
hold a `Kisan Panchayat` in Bhatta Parsaul, the epicentre of
the recent stir against forcible land acquisition, where the
party leader Rahul Gandhi will be present.
The decision to hold the farmers` panchayat was taken
at a party state executive meeting here, its member Akhilesh
Pratap Singh said.
At the panchayat, problems of farmers would be discussed,
he said, adding that the date of the programme would be
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Watch Video - World's highest glass-bottom bridge opens in China 600 feet above a canyon!
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony