Congress to hold `Kisan Panchayat` in Bhatta Parsaul
Lucknow: To garner farmers` support for the
2012 Uttar Pradesh Assembly polls, Congress on Sunday decided to
hold a `Kisan Panchayat` in Bhatta Parsaul, the epicentre of
the recent stir against forcible land acquisition, where the
party leader Rahul Gandhi will be present.
The decision to hold the farmers` panchayat was taken
at a party state executive meeting here, its member Akhilesh
Pratap Singh said.
At the panchayat, problems of farmers would be discussed,
he said, adding that the date of the programme would be
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites