Congress to hold protests on Saturday over delay in crushing sugar mills
Lucknow: Taking a serious note of the delay in crushing by sugar mills, thus aggravating problems of farmers, Congress today decided to hold state-wide dharnas on Saturday.
"Sugar mills have not yet started crushing proving the collusion between the state government and millers.. Cane is lying in the fields and farmers are either on warpath or committing suicide," UPCC spokesman Dwijendra Tripathi said.
Taking note of these, UPCC president Nirmal Khatri has directed partymen to hold dharnas at all district headquarters tomorrow and highlight the problems of farmers, Tripathi said.
Alleging that state government had betrayed farmers, Tripathi said on one hand sugarcane farmers have still not been paid dues worth Rs 2,350 crore, on the other, mills are working in an arbitrary manner, fixing rates of their choice.
Tripathi said if positive steps were not taken to resolve farmers` problems, a massive protest would be held in Varanasi on December 26 and 27.
- J&K: Teams named after militants in cricket tournament
- Laser walls activated along Indo-Pak border to keep vigil against terrorists
- Haji Ali Dargah row: Trupti Desai wants support of Aamir, Salman, SRK
- ISRO successfully launches IRNSS-1G into the orbit
- IRNSS-1G launch: It's a great gift to people of India from scientists, says PM Modi
- Chopper scam: Willing to come to India and face probe, says AgustaWestland middleman Christian James Michel
- Pro-Afzal event at JNU: Kanhaiya Kumar, others begin indefinite strike against punishment
- Meghalaya CM's wife, Sangma's son file nomination papers for Tura Lok Sabha bypoll
- Check cgbse.nic.in, www.cgbse.net 10th HS Results 2016 Chhattisgarh CG Board, CGBSE today at 10 AM
- Pakistani Sikhs open temple after 73 years, risking attacks