Congress to lay siege to UP assembly
Lucknow: The Congress on Tuesday said it would
lay a siege to the Uttar Pradesh legislative assembly after
the culmination of its ongoing rallies in the state.
"After the culmination of its Sandesh Yatras, the
party, under the stewardship of its youth leader Rahul Gandhi,
will lay a siege to the assembly," a party statement quoting
general secretary Digvijay Singh said.
The Congress would also demand the ouster of Chief
Minister Mayawati, it said.
The statement said Singh, addressing a public meeting
at Pihani in Hardoi district, asked Mayawati to oust Ministers
with alleged criminal background to show that she was sincere
in her campaign to cleanse the party.
Singh, in-charge of party`s affairs in Uttar Pradesh,
said the Congress would issue a charge-sheet against the
Mayawati government on October two when the second phase of
party`s Sandesh Yatras would start.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok