Congress to lay siege to UP assembly
Lucknow: The Congress on Tuesday said it would
lay a siege to the Uttar Pradesh legislative assembly after
the culmination of its ongoing rallies in the state.
"After the culmination of its Sandesh Yatras, the
party, under the stewardship of its youth leader Rahul Gandhi,
will lay a siege to the assembly," a party statement quoting
general secretary Digvijay Singh said.
The Congress would also demand the ouster of Chief
Minister Mayawati, it said.
The statement said Singh, addressing a public meeting
at Pihani in Hardoi district, asked Mayawati to oust Ministers
with alleged criminal background to show that she was sincere
in her campaign to cleanse the party.
Singh, in-charge of party`s affairs in Uttar Pradesh,
said the Congress would issue a charge-sheet against the
Mayawati government on October two when the second phase of
party`s Sandesh Yatras would start.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter