Congress to lay siege to UP assembly
Lucknow: The Congress on Tuesday said it would
lay a siege to the Uttar Pradesh legislative assembly after
the culmination of its ongoing rallies in the state.
"After the culmination of its Sandesh Yatras, the
party, under the stewardship of its youth leader Rahul Gandhi,
will lay a siege to the assembly," a party statement quoting
general secretary Digvijay Singh said.
The Congress would also demand the ouster of Chief
Minister Mayawati, it said.
The statement said Singh, addressing a public meeting
at Pihani in Hardoi district, asked Mayawati to oust Ministers
with alleged criminal background to show that she was sincere
in her campaign to cleanse the party.
Singh, in-charge of party`s affairs in Uttar Pradesh,
said the Congress would issue a charge-sheet against the
Mayawati government on October two when the second phase of
party`s Sandesh Yatras would start.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi