Congress wants UP govt to give answers on delayed action in Muzaffarnagar
New Delhi: Congress Party leader Jagdambika Pal on Tuesday asked the Uttar Pradesh government to take action against the perpetrators of violence in riot-hit Muzaffarnagar.
Jagadambika Pal alleged , "most certainly, they are roaming free on the streets.....In spite of FIRs being launched against some party politicians, there has still been no questioning."
"The state government must give an answer to this because, first, there has been no action taken against the perpetrators and, second, to why there has still been no action taken after such a big riot," he added.
Pal also criticised the opposition for being critical on Prime Minister Manmohan Singh, UPA chairperson Sonia Gandhi and Congress party vice president Rahul Gandhi for their visit to the riot-hit area.
"Look, I understand that after a large-scale riot like this one, there is a feeling of insecurity in the people there because victims are still living outside their homes. ....the central government has to go and assess and advise the state government. That is exactly what the Prime Minister did," Pal said.
"Manmohan Singh, Sonia Gandhi and Rahul Gandhi went there to ensure the victims were assured of security and normalcy after the riots," he added.
On Monday evening, ten days after it was imposed, the administration lifted the curfew in the area, saying that the situation was again "peaceful."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Sony Xperia X gets a price cut of whopping Rs 14,000