Congress wants UP govt to give answers on delayed action in Muzaffarnagar
New Delhi: Congress Party leader Jagdambika Pal on Tuesday asked the Uttar Pradesh government to take action against the perpetrators of violence in riot-hit Muzaffarnagar.
Jagadambika Pal alleged , "most certainly, they are roaming free on the streets.....In spite of FIRs being launched against some party politicians, there has still been no questioning."
"The state government must give an answer to this because, first, there has been no action taken against the perpetrators and, second, to why there has still been no action taken after such a big riot," he added.
Pal also criticised the opposition for being critical on Prime Minister Manmohan Singh, UPA chairperson Sonia Gandhi and Congress party vice president Rahul Gandhi for their visit to the riot-hit area.
"Look, I understand that after a large-scale riot like this one, there is a feeling of insecurity in the people there because victims are still living outside their homes. ....the central government has to go and assess and advise the state government. That is exactly what the Prime Minister did," Pal said.
"Manmohan Singh, Sonia Gandhi and Rahul Gandhi went there to ensure the victims were assured of security and normalcy after the riots," he added.
On Monday evening, ten days after it was imposed, the administration lifted the curfew in the area, saying that the situation was again "peaceful."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- Police registers case after parachute-like objects were spotted over Mumbai airport
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- Check WBBSE (wbresults.nic.in) Class 12th Results: West Bengal Board (wbscvet.org) Higher Secondary Class XII Vocational Results to be declared today at 4 PM
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- Unidentified flying objects spotted over Mumbai airport not motorised: Home Department
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Militants kill five, target telecoms in Kashmir attacks
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- China doesn't recognise 'illegal' McMahon Line: Beijing responds to NSA Ajit Doval
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- CBSE 10th Results 2015 to be declared on May 27