Congress will do well in Lok Sabha polls in UP: Mistry
Jhansi: Congress national general secretary Madhusudan Mistry on Tuesday exuded confidence about his party`s good show in next year`s Lok Sabha elections.
"Fed up with the poor law and order situation, people in UP are moving towards Congress and it would have a very good result in next year`s Lok Sabha elections," Mistry, the party in-charge for UP, told reporters. He was here to inaugurate a party zonal office.
Criticising the current law and order situation in the state, said that his party would stage protests against the SP government.
When asked how his party could protest against SP, which has extended support to the Congress-led UPA government at the Centre, Mistry said, "These are two different issues concerning the Centre and the state... We should treat them separately."
On Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi leading the BJP poll campaign, Mistry said, "To Congress, he (Modi) presents no challenge... Because wherever he has gone, BJP has faltered."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi