Congress will do well in Lok Sabha polls in UP: Mistry
Jhansi: Congress national general secretary Madhusudan Mistry on Tuesday exuded confidence about his party`s good show in next year`s Lok Sabha elections.
"Fed up with the poor law and order situation, people in UP are moving towards Congress and it would have a very good result in next year`s Lok Sabha elections," Mistry, the party in-charge for UP, told reporters. He was here to inaugurate a party zonal office.
Criticising the current law and order situation in the state, said that his party would stage protests against the SP government.
When asked how his party could protest against SP, which has extended support to the Congress-led UPA government at the Centre, Mistry said, "These are two different issues concerning the Centre and the state... We should treat them separately."
On Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi leading the BJP poll campaign, Mistry said, "To Congress, he (Modi) presents no challenge... Because wherever he has gone, BJP has faltered."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Dadri lynching: Rahul Gandhi reaches Dadri, meets victim Iqlakh's family
- Dadri lynching: Prime accused's father refutes allegations; says son is innocent
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- In Pics: Indian Super League 2015 opening ceremony!
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Team India, South Africa arrive for second T20 match
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani