Congress workers lathicharged for blocking Akhilesh`s route
Lucknow: The police on Monday resorted to lathicharge to disperse the Congress workers protesting in Ghaziabad against Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav`s visit.
"About 100-150 workers of Congress blocked the route of Chief Minister in Kavinagar area of Ghaziabad due to which they were dispersed after lathicharge," IG (Law and Order) R K Vishwakarma said.
The Chief Minister was in Ghaziabad for distribution of laptops to intermediate pass students.
The party workers were protesting against recent killing of seven persons of a family in Ghaziabad, officials said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman