Constable fires at cop in UP police station
Kanpur: A policeman shot at another cop at a police station in Kanpur, wounding him seriously, police said Monday.
According to police, the incident took place Sunday night when, after a brief spat, head constable Devendra Singh fired at Mahesh Prasad Yadav, deployed as a driver at the Naubasta police station.
Fired from a service revolver, a bullet hit Yadav on his thigh and he slumped on the ground. Before Singh could fire again, a few policemen overpowered him and snatched the gun away.
Singh was later arrested and the Deputy Inspector General of Police (DIG) of Kanpur, Amitabh Yash, placed him under suspension.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Exclusive interview with Usman Majid, MLA, J&K Congress
- 14-year-old pregnant rape survivor allowed abortion by Supreme Court
- Four Indians kidnapped in Libya; Islamic State hand suspected
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!