Constable fires at cop in UP police station
Kanpur: A policeman shot at another cop at a police station in Kanpur, wounding him seriously, police said Monday.
According to police, the incident took place Sunday night when, after a brief spat, head constable Devendra Singh fired at Mahesh Prasad Yadav, deployed as a driver at the Naubasta police station.
Fired from a service revolver, a bullet hit Yadav on his thigh and he slumped on the ground. Before Singh could fire again, a few policemen overpowered him and snatched the gun away.
Singh was later arrested and the Deputy Inspector General of Police (DIG) of Kanpur, Amitabh Yash, placed him under suspension.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- 'Selfie with daughter' controversy: Bollywood supports Shruti Seth