Constable fires at cop in UP police station
Kanpur: A policeman shot at another cop at a police station in Kanpur, wounding him seriously, police said Monday.
According to police, the incident took place Sunday night when, after a brief spat, head constable Devendra Singh fired at Mahesh Prasad Yadav, deployed as a driver at the Naubasta police station.
Fired from a service revolver, a bullet hit Yadav on his thigh and he slumped on the ground. Before Singh could fire again, a few policemen overpowered him and snatched the gun away.
Singh was later arrested and the Deputy Inspector General of Police (DIG) of Kanpur, Amitabh Yash, placed him under suspension.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- Bollywood pays respect to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam