Constable fires at cop in UP police station
Kanpur: A policeman shot at another cop at a police station in Kanpur, wounding him seriously, police said Monday.
According to police, the incident took place Sunday night when, after a brief spat, head constable Devendra Singh fired at Mahesh Prasad Yadav, deployed as a driver at the Naubasta police station.
Fired from a service revolver, a bullet hit Yadav on his thigh and he slumped on the ground. Before Singh could fire again, a few policemen overpowered him and snatched the gun away.
Singh was later arrested and the Deputy Inspector General of Police (DIG) of Kanpur, Amitabh Yash, placed him under suspension.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Intelligence agencies warn of firing by Pakistan along LoC, international border
- Meet Lynlee Hope - Texas baby who was 'born' twice!
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon