Constable shot at, seriously injured in UP
Azamgarh: A constable was seriously injured when he was shot at by unidentified motorbike-borne men during a vehicle checking drive in the city here, police said Thursday.
The incident happened last night when Rajnish Singh, attached with the circle officer, stopped the motorcycle during checking drive at the Polytechnic crossing. The pillion rider opened fire at Singh injuring him seriusly, police said.
The constable was rushed to a hospital where his condition was stated to be serious, police said, adding that efforts are on to trace the miscreants.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court
- Delhi court restrains release of controversial movie 'Mohalla Assi'
- Lalitgate: Centre denies deal with Congress over Sushma Swaraj, Vasundhara Raje