Constable stabbed to death, locals stage protest in Muzaffarnagar
Muzaffarnagar: A police constable was
allegedly stabbed to death and robbed of his motorcycle
following which the villagers held demonstration and blocked
the Meerut-Karnal highway, police said Tuesday.
Constable Rajiv Kumar, who was posted at Lakhimpur
Khiri district, was returning from his village yesterday when
some unidentified persons attacked him with a sharp-edge
weapon at Faguna police station area and decamped with his
motorcycle, they said.
Kumar later succumbed to his injury, they said.
Agitated over the incident, the locals held
demonstration and blocked the Meerut-Karnal highway, they
said, adding the blockade was later lifted after the villagers
were assured that the guilty will be nabbed soon.
A case has been registered in this regard, however no
arrest has been made so far, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy? Part II
- Gerard Pique agrees with extra holidays for Neymar
- Politics over Yoga? BMC makes 'Surya Namaskar' mandatory in all affiliated schools in Mumbai
- Russia might use Iran air base again to carry out attacks on terror targets in Syria
- Sri Lanka vs Australia, 2nd ODI — As it happened...
- Special session of Goa Assembly to ratify GST on August 31