Constable stabbed to death, locals stage protest in Muzaffarnagar
Muzaffarnagar: A police constable was
allegedly stabbed to death and robbed of his motorcycle
following which the villagers held demonstration and blocked
the Meerut-Karnal highway, police said Tuesday.
Constable Rajiv Kumar, who was posted at Lakhimpur
Khiri district, was returning from his village yesterday when
some unidentified persons attacked him with a sharp-edge
weapon at Faguna police station area and decamped with his
motorcycle, they said.
Kumar later succumbed to his injury, they said.
Agitated over the incident, the locals held
demonstration and blocked the Meerut-Karnal highway, they
said, adding the blockade was later lifted after the villagers
were assured that the guilty will be nabbed soon.
A case has been registered in this regard, however no
arrest has been made so far, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Outrage over Tanmay Bhatt's video mocking Lata Mangeshkar, Sachin Tendulkar
- VHP's women wing Durga Vahini gives arms training to children!
- Heavy rain disrupts flight operations in Delhi
- MP: Liquor mafia attacks police, journalists with weapons
- Attack on African nationals: Gen VK Singh slammed for his statement
- IPL 2016 final: It was a total team effort, says SRH's captain David Warner
- MNS to file FIR against AIB comedian Tanmay Bhat’s video mocking Lata Mangeshkar, Sachin Tendulkar today
- Islamic State selling sex slaves on Facebook for $8,000
- Puducherry: Narayanasamy to meet Lt Gov Kiran Bedi today, stake claim to form govt
- Armed squad kills 11 people in Venezuela: Official