Constable stabbed to death, locals stage protest
Muzaffarnagar: A police constable was
allegedly stabbed to death and robbed of his motorcycle
following which the villagers held demonstration and blocked
the Meerut-Karnal highway, police said on Tuesday.
Constable Rajiv Kumar, who was posted at Lakhimpur
Khiri district, was returning from his village yesterday when
some unidentified persons attacked him with a sharp-edge
weapon at Faguna police station area and decamped with his
motorcycle, they said.
Kumar later succumbed to his injury, they said.
Agitated over the incident, the locals held
demonstration and blocked the Meerut-Karnal highway, they
said, adding the blockade was later lifted after the villagers
were assured that the guilty will be nabbed soon.
A case has been registered in this regard, however no
arrest has been made so far, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Journalist covering Vyapam scam dies in Madhya Pradesh
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- The inside story of IC-814 hijacking
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown