Constable stabbed to death, locals stage protest
Muzaffarnagar: A police constable was
allegedly stabbed to death and robbed of his motorcycle
following which the villagers held demonstration and blocked
the Meerut-Karnal highway, police said on Tuesday.
Constable Rajiv Kumar, who was posted at Lakhimpur
Khiri district, was returning from his village yesterday when
some unidentified persons attacked him with a sharp-edge
weapon at Faguna police station area and decamped with his
motorcycle, they said.
Kumar later succumbed to his injury, they said.
Agitated over the incident, the locals held
demonstration and blocked the Meerut-Karnal highway, they
said, adding the blockade was later lifted after the villagers
were assured that the guilty will be nabbed soon.
A case has been registered in this regard, however no
arrest has been made so far, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand