Constable stabbed to death, locals stage protest
Muzaffarnagar: A police constable was
allegedly stabbed to death and robbed of his motorcycle
following which the villagers held demonstration and blocked
the Meerut-Karnal highway, police said on Tuesday.
Constable Rajiv Kumar, who was posted at Lakhimpur
Khiri district, was returning from his village yesterday when
some unidentified persons attacked him with a sharp-edge
weapon at Faguna police station area and decamped with his
motorcycle, they said.
Kumar later succumbed to his injury, they said.
Agitated over the incident, the locals held
demonstration and blocked the Meerut-Karnal highway, they
said, adding the blockade was later lifted after the villagers
were assured that the guilty will be nabbed soon.
A case has been registered in this regard, however no
arrest has been made so far, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of 17 years of Kargil war history
- DNA: Analysis of 17 years of Kargil war history- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of doping controversies of Narsingh Yadav and Inderjeet Singh
- DNA: Analysis of doping controversies of Narsingh Yadav and Inderjeet Singh- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of Indian boat patrols on Ladakh's Pangong Tso Lake
- PMO directs Niti Aayog to work on restructuring of UGC, AICTE
- Roger Federer pulls out of Rio Olympics following ongoing knee trouble
- Super 30 founder wants 'level playing field' for marginalised students at IIT entrance
- SHAME! Son of Jadavpur University's professor touched girl students without consent, objectified them filthily?
- 30 Dalit groups in Gujarat form united front to fight atrocities