Constable suspended after under-trial meets girl friend
Kanpur: A police constable here was suspended
on the charge of dereliction of duty, sources said.
According to Circle Officer, Lakshmi Niwas Mishra,
constable Shyam Singh was suspended for laxity in duty after
he allowed an under-trial Rohit to meet his girl-friend at a
hotel after the end of hearing.
The constable waited outside the hotel, while the
under-trial met his girl friend, Mishra said adding police
raided the hotel on a tip-off and arrested Rohit.
The Circle Officer said that on the basis of initial
investigations, constable Shyam Singh was found guilty and
suspended and added that a case has been registered against
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- Muslims worldwide had celebrated after 9/11: Donald Trump
- Reptile fossil explains how snakes lost their legs
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!