Consumer forum asks institute to pay Rs 4.6L to girl student
Ghaziabad: A consumer court here has
directed the chairman of a private engineering college in
nearby Modinagar to pay Rs 4.65 lakh to a student as
compensation for the loss of a year.
The forum asked Ajit Singh Jassar, the chairman of DJ
Dental, Technology and Engineering College to pay the
compensation to Neha Verma of Bareilly.
In her complaint, Verma alleged that she got admission in
engineering course in the college but later came to know that
the institute was not recognised by UP technical university
and a "fraud" was played with her.
In 2005, she had filed a complaint which was decided now.
A K Shrivastav, Chairman of the Consumer Forum, directed
the institute to pay Rs 4 lakh as compensation and 65,000 for
the cost of books and dress material to the girl.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites
- Personality check: What is the colour of your eyes?