Consumer forum asks institute to pay Rs 4.6L to girl student
Ghaziabad: A consumer court here has
directed the chairman of a private engineering college in
nearby Modinagar to pay Rs 4.65 lakh to a student as
compensation for the loss of a year.
The forum asked Ajit Singh Jassar, the chairman of DJ
Dental, Technology and Engineering College to pay the
compensation to Neha Verma of Bareilly.
In her complaint, Verma alleged that she got admission in
engineering course in the college but later came to know that
the institute was not recognised by UP technical university
and a "fraud" was played with her.
In 2005, she had filed a complaint which was decided now.
A K Shrivastav, Chairman of the Consumer Forum, directed
the institute to pay Rs 4 lakh as compensation and 65,000 for
the cost of books and dress material to the girl.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- Arvind Kejriwal in Bihar, shown black flags at Patna airport
- After daughter Sheena, Indrani Mukerjea planned to kill son Mikhail?
- Sheena murder case: Rahul Mukerjea being questioned at undisclosed location
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie