Contractor refuses to sell the chair Narendra Modi sat on at Agra rally
Zee Media Bureau
Agra: BJP leaders are now engaged in a bidding war to win the chair Bharatiya Janata Party`s prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi sat on at a rally on November 21 here.
According to reports, the bid has now reached as high as Rs 2 lakh for the piece of furniture.
BJP MLA Jagan Prasad Garg`s bid of Rs 1.25 lakh was the highest till Tuesday, while others were not far behind with MLA Yogendra Upadhyaya and Ramshankar Katheria, MP from Agra, also making bids over Rs one lakh.
However, the contractor Pramod Upadhyaya who provided the furniture during the rally, a BJP corporator himself, has now refused to part with the chair, the sources said.
The entire affair of BJP leaders making a bid to buy the chair started after a party worker asked the contractor to sell him some of the chairs used in the function.
On being refused, the worker offered to pay Rs 2,000 for the particular chair on which the Gujarat`s Chief Minister had sat on during his `Vijay Shankhnad` rally here.
The incident influenced other party functionaries as well to quote high prices for the chair, the sources said.
Modi had on November 21 addressed a large gathering of supporters at Kothi Meena Bazar ground here.
(With PTI inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened