Convene UP Assembly session now, demands BJP
Lucknow: Accusing the Samajwadi Party (SP) government of "completely failing" on the law and order front in Uttar Pradesh, the BJP has said that an assembly session should be convened immediately to discuss all issues threadbare.
"This government has failed on all fronts, be it the power crisis, increase in cane prices or the law and order situation. We want a threadbare discussion on all these matters now," Satish Mahana, deputy leader of the Bharatiya Janata Party legislative party, told reporters on Friday.
"We cannot sit quietly on such serious issues and would like all parties, including the ruling dispensation to come out clear and have a debate on these issues," he added.
Mahana said that Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav had promised to convene the house every two months. The house had last met for the budget session in June.
Slamming the SP government on the recent communal clashes in Uttar Pradesh, BJP state president Laxmikant Bajpai said these clashes occurred due to its appeasement policy.
Bajpai pointed out that within seven months of the SP government coming in power, "as many as 11 clashes have taken place in nine districts". He said police was functioning as "SP activists".
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Reptile fossil explains how snakes lost their legs
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living