Convene UP Assembly session now, demands BJP
Lucknow: Accusing the Samajwadi Party (SP) government of "completely failing" on the law and order front in Uttar Pradesh, the BJP has said that an assembly session should be convened immediately to discuss all issues threadbare.
"This government has failed on all fronts, be it the power crisis, increase in cane prices or the law and order situation. We want a threadbare discussion on all these matters now," Satish Mahana, deputy leader of the Bharatiya Janata Party legislative party, told reporters on Friday.
"We cannot sit quietly on such serious issues and would like all parties, including the ruling dispensation to come out clear and have a debate on these issues," he added.
Mahana said that Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav had promised to convene the house every two months. The house had last met for the budget session in June.
Slamming the SP government on the recent communal clashes in Uttar Pradesh, BJP state president Laxmikant Bajpai said these clashes occurred due to its appeasement policy.
Bajpai pointed out that within seven months of the SP government coming in power, "as many as 11 clashes have taken place in nine districts". He said police was functioning as "SP activists".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa