Cop, accomplice booked for raping minors
Lucknow: A constable and his civilian accomplice have been booked for allegedly raping two minor girls at gunpoint in Uttar Pradesh`s Bulandshahr district, police said on Wednesday.
While constable Raj Kumar, 24, is absconding, the other accused Surendra, 24, has been arrested.
According to police, Kumar and Surendra raped the two girls - aged 13 and 14 - at a secluded place in Shikarpur village on October 28.
"The parents of the victims approached us on Tuesday only when they came to know that Raj Kumar and Surendra had started circulating obscene clips of the girls they had filmed on their mobile phones while committing the crime," Police Inspector MK Singh told reporters in Bulandshahr, some 400 km from Lucknow.
"While we managed to nab Surendra on Tuesday night, Raj Kumar, a police constable in Etawah district, is absconding," he added.
According to police, the victims and the accused are from the same village.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- IND vs AUS, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'
- Indian man Srinivas Kuchibhotla shot dead in Kansas bar while watching basketball game - Know what happened