Cop, accomplice booked for raping minors
Lucknow: A constable and his civilian accomplice have been booked for allegedly raping two minor girls at gunpoint in Uttar Pradesh`s Bulandshahr district, police said on Wednesday.
While constable Raj Kumar, 24, is absconding, the other accused Surendra, 24, has been arrested.
According to police, Kumar and Surendra raped the two girls - aged 13 and 14 - at a secluded place in Shikarpur village on October 28.
"The parents of the victims approached us on Tuesday only when they came to know that Raj Kumar and Surendra had started circulating obscene clips of the girls they had filmed on their mobile phones while committing the crime," Police Inspector MK Singh told reporters in Bulandshahr, some 400 km from Lucknow.
"While we managed to nab Surendra on Tuesday night, Raj Kumar, a police constable in Etawah district, is absconding," he added.
According to police, the victims and the accused are from the same village.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- Shameless cheating in exams, when will Bihar learn?
- Setback for Air India as 30 Boeing 787 Dreamliner pilots resign
- Sheena case: Indrani quizzed jointly with Peter, denies killing daughter
- Trade unions` strike hits normal life across India
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Parineeti Chopra turns 'sexy pari' for sizzling photo-shoot