Cop, accomplice booked for raping minors
Lucknow: A constable and his civilian accomplice have been booked for allegedly raping two minor girls at gunpoint in Uttar Pradesh`s Bulandshahr district, police said on Wednesday.
While constable Raj Kumar, 24, is absconding, the other accused Surendra, 24, has been arrested.
According to police, Kumar and Surendra raped the two girls - aged 13 and 14 - at a secluded place in Shikarpur village on October 28.
"The parents of the victims approached us on Tuesday only when they came to know that Raj Kumar and Surendra had started circulating obscene clips of the girls they had filmed on their mobile phones while committing the crime," Police Inspector MK Singh told reporters in Bulandshahr, some 400 km from Lucknow.
"While we managed to nab Surendra on Tuesday night, Raj Kumar, a police constable in Etawah district, is absconding," he added.
According to police, the victims and the accused are from the same village.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Are Indian journalists sympathising with terrorists like Burhan Wani?
- Expelled BJP leader Dayashankar Singh arrested in Bihar
- Mumbai: Man crushed to death after tree falls on car
- Who is responsible for heavy traffic jams in the country?
- Who is responsible for heavy traffic jams in the country? Part-II