Cop, accomplice booked for raping minors
Lucknow: A constable and his civilian accomplice have been booked for allegedly raping two minor girls at gunpoint in Uttar Pradesh`s Bulandshahr district, police said on Wednesday.
While constable Raj Kumar, 24, is absconding, the other accused Surendra, 24, has been arrested.
According to police, Kumar and Surendra raped the two girls - aged 13 and 14 - at a secluded place in Shikarpur village on October 28.
"The parents of the victims approached us on Tuesday only when they came to know that Raj Kumar and Surendra had started circulating obscene clips of the girls they had filmed on their mobile phones while committing the crime," Police Inspector MK Singh told reporters in Bulandshahr, some 400 km from Lucknow.
"While we managed to nab Surendra on Tuesday night, Raj Kumar, a police constable in Etawah district, is absconding," he added.
According to police, the victims and the accused are from the same village.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire