Cop among 2 killed in clashes over village head`s murder in UP
Lucknow: Two persons, including a senior police officer, were on Saturday killed in clashes following the murder of a village head in Pratpgarh district, police sources said here.
Village head Nanhe Yadav was shot dead by unidentified persons in Balipura village in Hathgawan area this evening, Additional Director General of Police (Law and Order) Arun Kumar told a news agency.
Following the incident, an irate mob attacked the police station and indulged in arson and firing which led to cross-firing between the police and villagers, police said.
A deputy superintendent of police Zia-ul-Haq and Nanhe`s brother Suresh were killed in the firing, they said.
Several policemen and villagers were also injured in the clash, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Indrani Mukerjea's condition critical due to drug overdose; Maha govt orders inquiry
- Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa Reloaded: Shahid reveals about meeting Aishwarya
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash