Cop crushed to death in Lucknow
Lucknow: A police constable was crushed to death by a tractor-trolley being used in illegal mining in Shahjahanpur district, police said on Saturday.
Acting on a tip off that a tractor trolley was ferrying sand obtained through illegal mining, two constables rushed to the spot and nabbed it last night.
As the constables were taking the tractor trolley to the police station, the driver with the intention to kill them, overturned the trolley near Pahadipur Bhupat village under Khudagaon police station area killing constable Om Shankar on the spot and injuring Dhruv Singh and fled, a press release issued by the police said.
Both the constables were posted in Khudagaon police station and were on night patrolling duty.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Terrorist outfit IS releases hitlist; 4000 people including 285 Indians targeted
- Mumbai: Woman missing after falling in manhole
- Mann Ki Baat: PM recalls dark days of 1975 Emergency, says democracy is our strength
- Mann Ki Baat: Conserve every drop of water, says PM
- PM Modi launches 'Smart City Project' in Pune
- Revealed! Why 'Baahubali' didn’t feature a Bollywood star-cast!
- Top 5 ways to deal with mid-life crisis!
- Allahabad HC declines to entertain PIL to restrain media coverage of Kairana incident
- Despite tough training, we'll continue our Ramadan fast: Misbah-ul-Haq tells Mickey Arthur
- Shah Rukh, Ranbir, Abhishek and Amitabh clicked together at Pro Kabaddi League! Pics inside