Cop shot dead in Uttar Pradesh
Lucknow: A policeman was shot dead by unidentified men in Chandauli district of Uttar Pradesh Friday, an official said.
Constable Anil Kumar (35) was shot dead early morning outside his house in Manihara village, some 300 km from Lucknow.
"We still don`t know what the motive behind the crime was. We are yet to trace the assailants. Teams have been constituted to nab them," Inspector RB Singh told reporters in Chandauli.
Police have registered a case against the unidentified men in this connection.
Kumar, who was deployed in Allahabad district, had come to his village, Manihara, a few days ago on leave.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal