Cops arrested for extortion in Lucknow
Lucknow: Three of four policemen of the Special Operations Group (SOG) accused of extorting money from a businessman in Uttar Pradesh have been arrested, police said Wednesday.
Constables Vinod Kumar Yadav, Waqar Ahmad, Anil Tiwari and Manoj Singh were suspended and booked Tuesday in Gonda district following a complaint from businessman Pratap Singh.
Pratap Singh told senior officials that the constables extorted around Rs.1 lakh from him in Mishrelia town, and even threatened to implicate him in a false case if he complained against them.
"While Manoj Singh is absconding, the other three policemen have been arrested after charges against them were found true," Superintendent of Police J. Ravindra Gaur told reporters in Gonda, 200 km from Lucknow.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Mild earthquake jolts Rajasthan, no damage reported
- Leander Paes, Sania Mirza advance at US Open
- Yakub Memon, Afzal Guru's executions were politically motivated: Justice AP Shah
- My mother is like Indrani Mukerjea, she likes having sex with many men: Delhi school boy