Cops guarding Ajay Katara offered Rs 50 lakh for not defending him
Ghaziabad: Three UP police constables,deputed for security of Ajay Katra-- prime witness in Nitish Katara murder case, filed a complaint today alleging their colleague offered them Rs 50 lakh each for "not defending" Ajay during an attack planned "at the behest of politician DP Yadav".
The three constables Harun Ali, Vivek Pal Singh, and Ravi Kumar today filed a complaint against constable Kishan Pal Yadav, who has also been deployed in Ajay`s protection, Superintendent of Police (rural) Jagdish Sharma said.
In their complaint, the trio have alleged that constable Yadav had asked them to adopt a negligent approach in Ajay Katara`s protection as D P Yadav, a prominent politician of Uttar Pradesh, allegedly wanted to kill him.
They said in the compliant that in return they were offered Rs 50 lakh each and also promotions.
Katara`s security has been increased by the district police following constables` allegations, the SP said.
"After getting complaints from three constables, Superintendent of Police (police line) has been asked to probe into allegations.
"If accused constable is found guilty in the probe, strict action would be taken against him," said Sharma.
Meanwhile, Kishan Pal Yadav is said to be on the run since the allegation surfaced.
D P Yadav`s son Vikas is undergoing life imprisonment along with cousin Vishal Yadav for killing Nitish Katara in February, 2002.
Nitish (24), a business executive, was killed by Vikas and Vishal Yadav on the intervening night of February 16-17, 2002.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!