Cops in love commit suicide in UP
Lucknow: An Uttar Pradesh police constable and his lover, also a cop, committed suicide in Varanasi late Sunday, police said.
Akhilesh and Kanchan Singh joined the force in 2011 and used to live together in a rented accommodation in the city.
Their bodies were discovered early Monday when another constable went to their house. After finding the door locked from inside, he peeped inside and found both the constables hanging from the ceiling.
While Akhilesh used a muffler to hang himself, Kanchan used her dupatta as a noose.
Neighbours told the police that they didn`t suspect anything amiss.
Additional Superintendent of Police Ajay Kumar Mishra told IANS that the background of both the cops was being checked. He said the police were told that Kanchan`s mother and sister had visited the couple a few weeks back and reportedly objected to their relationship.
Police suspect it to be the reason behind the suicide.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Indrani Mukerjea's three plans to kill Sheena Bora
- Baby girl still in hospital after 76 days, mother denies relationship with baby
- Govt should stop discrimination against Muslims: Hamid Ansari
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- When Indrani Mukerjea broke down on meeting her daughter Vidhie