Cops in love commit suicide in UP
Lucknow: An Uttar Pradesh police constable and his lover, also a cop, committed suicide in Varanasi late Sunday, police said.
Akhilesh and Kanchan Singh joined the force in 2011 and used to live together in a rented accommodation in the city.
Their bodies were discovered early Monday when another constable went to their house. After finding the door locked from inside, he peeped inside and found both the constables hanging from the ceiling.
While Akhilesh used a muffler to hang himself, Kanchan used her dupatta as a noose.
Neighbours told the police that they didn`t suspect anything amiss.
Additional Superintendent of Police Ajay Kumar Mishra told IANS that the background of both the cops was being checked. He said the police were told that Kanchan`s mother and sister had visited the couple a few weeks back and reportedly objected to their relationship.
Police suspect it to be the reason behind the suicide.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test