Cops in love commit suicide in UP
Lucknow: An Uttar Pradesh police constable and his lover, also a cop, committed suicide in Varanasi late Sunday, police said.
Akhilesh and Kanchan Singh joined the force in 2011 and used to live together in a rented accommodation in the city.
Their bodies were discovered early Monday when another constable went to their house. After finding the door locked from inside, he peeped inside and found both the constables hanging from the ceiling.
While Akhilesh used a muffler to hang himself, Kanchan used her dupatta as a noose.
Neighbours told the police that they didn`t suspect anything amiss.
Additional Superintendent of Police Ajay Kumar Mishra told IANS that the background of both the cops was being checked. He said the police were told that Kanchan`s mother and sister had visited the couple a few weeks back and reportedly objected to their relationship.
Police suspect it to be the reason behind the suicide.
- Deepika Padukone in Salman Khan’s ‘Tubelight’? Kabir Khan has an answer
- Donald Trump the `presumptive` White House nominee as Cruz crashes out
- Karan Singh Grover’s words for Bipasha Basu will restore your faith in love – Check them out
- Champions League: After knocking out Bayern Munich, Atletico Madrid ready to write history
- Premier League triumph: Leicester City's 'magic' hailed globally as the party goes on