Cop`s killing: UP CM assures impartial action
Lucknow: Taking serious note of the killing of a DSP by a mob in Pratapgarh, Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav Monday assured action against those responsible for the crime.
"I want to assure the House on my, as well as government`s behalf that a just and impartial action would be taken against those responsible for it," Yadav told the UP Assembly.
Stressing on the government`s resolve to bring the culprits to book, the CM said his government was open to conducting any kind of inquiry into the incident, apparently referring to a demand by Raghuraj Pratap Singh alias Raja Bhaiya, for a CBI inquiry into the case.
Singh has been accused by the slain DSP Zia-ul-Haq`s widow of being involved in the attack on her husband and the UP food and civil supplies minister today tendered his resignation over the allegations.
Told by opposition members of the DSP`s widow`s refusal to go ahead with the last rites of the deceased till he visited the spot and saw the body, the CM said he would urge the deceased`s family to give him a proper burial as per rituals.
FIRs have been filed and action would be taken soon, he said.
To the demands of help for the family of the village head whose murder had led Haq to visit the site where the DSP was attacked on Saturday, the CM said a decision had been taken but did not mention it in the House.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sonakshi Sinha apologises to Sarabjit, accused in Tilak Nagar case
- Sheena Bora murder: Mikhail to be brought to Mumbai for questioning
- Sheena Bora murder: Here's how the whole plan unfolded
- Sheena Bora murder spread over various cities
- Sheena Bora murder: Transit remand for Sanjeev Khanna; to be presented in court
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Ravi Shastri reveals truth behind MS Dhoni's sudden Test retirement!
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday