Cop`s killing: UP CM assures impartial action
Lucknow: Taking serious note of the killing of a DSP by a mob in Pratapgarh, Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav Monday assured action against those responsible for the crime.
"I want to assure the House on my, as well as government`s behalf that a just and impartial action would be taken against those responsible for it," Yadav told the UP Assembly.
Stressing on the government`s resolve to bring the culprits to book, the CM said his government was open to conducting any kind of inquiry into the incident, apparently referring to a demand by Raghuraj Pratap Singh alias Raja Bhaiya, for a CBI inquiry into the case.
Singh has been accused by the slain DSP Zia-ul-Haq`s widow of being involved in the attack on her husband and the UP food and civil supplies minister today tendered his resignation over the allegations.
Told by opposition members of the DSP`s widow`s refusal to go ahead with the last rites of the deceased till he visited the spot and saw the body, the CM said he would urge the deceased`s family to give him a proper burial as per rituals.
FIRs have been filed and action would be taken soon, he said.
To the demands of help for the family of the village head whose murder had led Haq to visit the site where the DSP was attacked on Saturday, the CM said a decision had been taken but did not mention it in the House.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- BSF catches cow slaughter gang near India-Bangladesh border in Malda
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...