Cop`s killing: UP CM assures impartial action
Lucknow: Taking serious note of the killing of a DSP by a mob in Pratapgarh, Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav Monday assured action against those responsible for the crime.
"I want to assure the House on my, as well as government`s behalf that a just and impartial action would be taken against those responsible for it," Yadav told the UP Assembly.
Stressing on the government`s resolve to bring the culprits to book, the CM said his government was open to conducting any kind of inquiry into the incident, apparently referring to a demand by Raghuraj Pratap Singh alias Raja Bhaiya, for a CBI inquiry into the case.
Singh has been accused by the slain DSP Zia-ul-Haq`s widow of being involved in the attack on her husband and the UP food and civil supplies minister today tendered his resignation over the allegations.
Told by opposition members of the DSP`s widow`s refusal to go ahead with the last rites of the deceased till he visited the spot and saw the body, the CM said he would urge the deceased`s family to give him a proper burial as per rituals.
FIRs have been filed and action would be taken soon, he said.
To the demands of help for the family of the village head whose murder had led Haq to visit the site where the DSP was attacked on Saturday, the CM said a decision had been taken but did not mention it in the House.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- One year of Modi govt: PM Modi addresses mega rally in Mathura Part-II
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- China doesn't recognise 'illegal' McMahon Line: Beijing responds to NSA Ajit Doval
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- UBSE Results 2015 (ubse.uk.gov.in): Uttarakhand 12th Result 2015 to be announced today at 11 AM
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- CBSE Class X Board Results 2015 to declared tomorrow
- Salman Khan's `Bajrangi Bhaijaan` teaser to be out in two days?
- What couldn't be done in last 10 years, NDA govt did in one year: Smriti Irani in Amethi