Cops suspended for beating minor gang-rape victim
Bijnor: In another shocking incident of mistreatment of alleged rape victim,a 16-year-old girl claimed she was beaten up by police personnel when she had gone along with her parents to file complaint against two youths.
Three police personnel -- SHO of Afzalgarh police station Ramji Lal, Sub-Inspector Raj Singh and Lady Constable Sukhraj Kaur -- have been suspended after the incident, police said.
The two rape accused also have been arrested, they said.
The victim from Rasoolpur village had alleged that two youths -- Anis and Rashid -- had gangraped her on April 11.
When she, along with her parents Farooq and Batto, had gone to Afzalgarh police station the next day to lodge a report against them, the police officials had misbehaved with her parents and beat her, the victim had claimed.
Taking note of the incident, SP Sunil Chandra Bajpai reached Afzalgarh police station yesterday and got the FIR registered against the accused, who were also arrested later.
He also ordered suspension of the three police personnel.
This is the second such incident in Uttar Pradesh within 10 days.
A 10-year-old alleged rape victim was put behind bars by women cops in Bulandshahr when she had approached them to file a complaint along with her mother, following which two women constables were suspended.
The Supreme Court yesterday directed the UP government to file response within a week on detention of the 10-year-old rape victim.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- My News: People forced to pay for govt water tankers in Sangam Vihar
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Even 100 Rahul Gandhis cannot match PM Narendra Modi's mega wave: Shiv Sena
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi