Cops throw old couple off moving train in UP, woman dead
Lucknow: In a shocking incident, an elderly woman was killed and her husband wounded when the couple was thrown out of a moving train by government railway police (GRP) personnel for boarding the wrong train, police said Wednesday.
The incident occurred around 10 am at Muzaffarnagar, when the elderly couple, by mistake, boarded the Shatabdi Express. Rajeshwar Tyagi and his wife Santosh were both above 70 years old.
Sub-inspector Ram Chandar and constable Subhash of the GRP asked the couple where they were headed. The couple responded that they were on their way to Saharanpur, only to be told that they were on the Shatabdi Express, which does not halt at Saharanpur.
The cops asked the elderly couple to deboard, something, they pleaded, they could not do as the train had gathered speed by then.
Incensed, the policemen opened the door of the compartment and pushed the old couple out.
The woman was hit by a train moving on a parallel track and died instantly, while the man received minor injuries on the fall.
A case against the two GRP policemen was registered at the Muzaffarnagar railway station.
"We have sent the body of the deceased woman for autopsy. Based on the statement of Rajeshwar Tyagi, we have lodged a case against the two policemen," a GRP official told a news agency.
- ‘Kaabil’ Hrithik Roshan’s first look out – Here it is
- Champions League: Real Madrid edge past Manchester City to set up all-Madrid final
- AgustaWestland chopper deal: ED to quiz former IAF chief SP Tyagi today
- Sushant Singh Rajput reveals why his ‘Pavitra Rishta’ with Ankita Lokhande ended
- IPL 2016: Shah Rukh Khan thinks his son AbRam could be a mystery fielder – Find out why