Corporal punishment: 2 students suffer head injury, fracture
Ghaziabad: In two instances of corporal
punishment, a class I student of a public school got nine
stitches in head after his principal allegedly bashed him for
being outside the class, while a nine-year-old boy`s hand was
today fractured following a "beating" for violating the dress
Attending the class in casuals today turned out to be a
nightmare for Tarun, a class IV student, who could not make it
to Government Primary School in proper uniform as it was wet.
According to Vinod, Tarun`s father, the boy was beaten up
so much by his teacher that he suffered a fracture in his
hand. "What a reward my son got for not missing the school,"
said Vinod, a resident of Kalchhina village near Modinagar.
He reported the matter to Basic Shikchha Adhikari who has
ordered an inquiry into the incident, police said.
In another case at Bright Land Public School in Shastri
Nagar, 5-year-old Sanjog suffered a head injury allegedly
after his principal Balveen Khandelwal hit his head against
the wall for being outside the class on Saturday.
According to police, Sanjog`s father, a trader, received
a call from the school that his son had fell off the stairs.
When the boy`s father reached the school, Sanjog`s
classmates told him that he was beaten up by the principal,
police said according to the complaint.
Sanjog was taken to MMG hospital where he got nine
stitches in the head. His body also bore caning marks, they
A police complaint has been filed in this regard last
SSP Raghubir Lal today issued orders for the arrest of
the government teacher and Kandelwal.
Authorities at both the schools denied any comment.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram on July 30