Corruption charges levelled against Rajnath`s clos
Ghaziabad: A close aide of BJP president Rajnath Singh allegedly misappropriated funds of a cremation ground committee, the committee members said on Tuesday.
While the aide, who is an office bearer in the Ghaziabad unit of the party, refused to comment on the charge, a representative of Singh in his Ghaziabad constituency dismissed the charges as "baseless".
"He embezzled money from the cremation ground committee and was involved in irregularities in selling wood from the cremation ground," the committee members told a press conference here.
Rajnath Singh`s representative in Ghaziabad constituency, Baldev Raj Sharma said the charges were "baseless".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: PM Modi's 23rd edition of Mann ki Baat
- Vishal Dadlani apologises after tweet on Jain monk backfires
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- British PM to trigger EU pull-out `without parliament vote`
- Italy mourns quake victims, death toll rises to 291
- Kriti Sanon can't wait to watch 'MS Dhoni - The Untold Story'
- Indian women's hockey stars humiliated, made to sit on floor of train on way back home from Rio
- Donald Trump vows 'tracking system' to deport everyone whose visa expires