Corruption charges levelled against Rajnath`s clos
Ghaziabad: A close aide of BJP president Rajnath Singh allegedly misappropriated funds of a cremation ground committee, the committee members said on Tuesday.
While the aide, who is an office bearer in the Ghaziabad unit of the party, refused to comment on the charge, a representative of Singh in his Ghaziabad constituency dismissed the charges as "baseless".
"He embezzled money from the cremation ground committee and was involved in irregularities in selling wood from the cremation ground," the committee members told a press conference here.
Rajnath Singh`s representative in Ghaziabad constituency, Baldev Raj Sharma said the charges were "baseless".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'