Corruption in land allotment at Greater Noida: BJP
Lucknow: Alleging scam in land allotment
by Yamuna Expressway and Greater Noida industrial development
authorities, BJP on Thursday demanded a special investigation team
(SIT) probe into all such allotments.
"There has been a scam in allotment of land by these
two authorities and we demand a SIT probe into such
allotments," BJP`s national secretary Kirit Somaiya told
He said that in Noida extension, 13.67 lakh square
metre of land was handed over to builders for farmhouses.
"While farmers were paid at the rate of Rs 818 per
square metre, the market price of the land was Rs 12,000 for
the same," he alleged.
The BJP leader claimed that as per the government
tender document each farmhouse should contain a 10,000 square
metre dwelling unit, swimming poll, servant quarters, parking
facility, park and playgrounds.
"The land was alloted to only two builders," he said.
Another 6,000 acre land, acquired for Yamuna
Expressway Industrial Authority, was handed over to selected
10 builders in a dubious manner, Somaiya alleged.
"While Rs 1,500 crore was paid to farmers, the market
value of the land is Rs 30,000 crore...," he alleged.
He said that while a through investigation should be
done by a SIT, allotments should be cancelled and land
returned back the farmers.
The BJP leader accused the state government of not
allowing CAG to conduct a special audit of Noida, Greater
Noida and Yamuna Expressway industrial development
"A brother of a minister in the state government is
behind this... We also demand an inquiry into his activities,"
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of problems of unemployement in India
- DNA: Analysis of how car makers are playing with people's life
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda- Part II
- DNA: A plane landed at -100 degree celsius to rescue a worker
- One killed in PKK car bomb in Turkey's southeast
- Morocco arrests 10 suspected Islamist militants, including Algerian
- India’s bid for NSG membership blocked as member countries fail to arrive at a consensus
- 'Raped woman' remark: Finally, Salman Khan speaks to media - Here's what he said
- 'Unguided missile Subramanian Swamy has backfired at BJP'