Corruption in land allotment at Greater Noida: BJP
Lucknow: Alleging scam in land allotment
by Yamuna Expressway and Greater Noida industrial development
authorities, BJP on Thursday demanded a special investigation team
(SIT) probe into all such allotments.
"There has been a scam in allotment of land by these
two authorities and we demand a SIT probe into such
allotments," BJP`s national secretary Kirit Somaiya told
He said that in Noida extension, 13.67 lakh square
metre of land was handed over to builders for farmhouses.
"While farmers were paid at the rate of Rs 818 per
square metre, the market price of the land was Rs 12,000 for
the same," he alleged.
The BJP leader claimed that as per the government
tender document each farmhouse should contain a 10,000 square
metre dwelling unit, swimming poll, servant quarters, parking
facility, park and playgrounds.
"The land was alloted to only two builders," he said.
Another 6,000 acre land, acquired for Yamuna
Expressway Industrial Authority, was handed over to selected
10 builders in a dubious manner, Somaiya alleged.
"While Rs 1,500 crore was paid to farmers, the market
value of the land is Rs 30,000 crore...," he alleged.
He said that while a through investigation should be
done by a SIT, allotments should be cancelled and land
returned back the farmers.
The BJP leader accused the state government of not
allowing CAG to conduct a special audit of Noida, Greater
Noida and Yamuna Expressway industrial development
"A brother of a minister in the state government is
behind this... We also demand an inquiry into his activities,"
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal