Corruption in land allotment at Greater Noida: BJP
Lucknow: Alleging scam in land allotment
by Yamuna Expressway and Greater Noida industrial development
authorities, BJP on Thursday demanded a special investigation team
(SIT) probe into all such allotments.
"There has been a scam in allotment of land by these
two authorities and we demand a SIT probe into such
allotments," BJP`s national secretary Kirit Somaiya told
He said that in Noida extension, 13.67 lakh square
metre of land was handed over to builders for farmhouses.
"While farmers were paid at the rate of Rs 818 per
square metre, the market price of the land was Rs 12,000 for
the same," he alleged.
The BJP leader claimed that as per the government
tender document each farmhouse should contain a 10,000 square
metre dwelling unit, swimming poll, servant quarters, parking
facility, park and playgrounds.
"The land was alloted to only two builders," he said.
Another 6,000 acre land, acquired for Yamuna
Expressway Industrial Authority, was handed over to selected
10 builders in a dubious manner, Somaiya alleged.
"While Rs 1,500 crore was paid to farmers, the market
value of the land is Rs 30,000 crore...," he alleged.
He said that while a through investigation should be
done by a SIT, allotments should be cancelled and land
returned back the farmers.
The BJP leader accused the state government of not
allowing CAG to conduct a special audit of Noida, Greater
Noida and Yamuna Expressway industrial development
"A brother of a minister in the state government is
behind this... We also demand an inquiry into his activities,"
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Five unmanned parachute-like objects spotted over Mumbai airport
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened