Corruption, inflation major issues: Arvind Kejriwal
Agra: AAP National Convener Arvind Kejriwal on Monday said that corruption and inflation are the two major issues facing the country ahead of the Lok Sabha elections and only his party is serious enough to eradicate these problems.
Speaking to his supporters at a roadshow in Firozabad and Agra, Kejriwal said that his party will strive to eradicate corruption and inflation.
"This in an opportunity to eradicate corruption and inflation and only Aam Aadmi Party can do this. So ensure that you vote for broom this time," said Kejriwal.
Continuing to drag Reliance Industries Chairman Mukesh Ambani`s name in the political slugfest, Kejriwal claimed that the country is run by him (Ambani) and not by Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi or BJP`s Prime Ministerial candidate Narendra Modi.
"The country is not being run by Rahul Gandhi or Narendra Modi, but by Mukesh Ambani," Kejriwal said.
Lauding his 48 days government`s performance in Delhi, he said, "Our government did things that no government could do in the country for the past 65 years. We subsidised electricity bill and gave free water and we just spent over Rs 200 and 40 crore respectively, he said, adding this is much less than Rs 54,000 crore the government will lose by favouring Reliance.
The AAP government had ordered an FIR to be registered against Ambani and Union petroleum minister Veerappa Moily for the alleged irregularities in the KG gas basin issue.
As he started his road show from Kanpur and progressed towards Auriya and Itawa, he received lukewarm response, but it swelled as he reached Firozabad and Agra. In Agra, he also visited a gurudwara.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing