Corruption, inflation major issues: Arvind Kejriwal
Agra: AAP National Convener Arvind Kejriwal on Monday said that corruption and inflation are the two major issues facing the country ahead of the Lok Sabha elections and only his party is serious enough to eradicate these problems.
Speaking to his supporters at a roadshow in Firozabad and Agra, Kejriwal said that his party will strive to eradicate corruption and inflation.
"This in an opportunity to eradicate corruption and inflation and only Aam Aadmi Party can do this. So ensure that you vote for broom this time," said Kejriwal.
Continuing to drag Reliance Industries Chairman Mukesh Ambani`s name in the political slugfest, Kejriwal claimed that the country is run by him (Ambani) and not by Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi or BJP`s Prime Ministerial candidate Narendra Modi.
"The country is not being run by Rahul Gandhi or Narendra Modi, but by Mukesh Ambani," Kejriwal said.
Lauding his 48 days government`s performance in Delhi, he said, "Our government did things that no government could do in the country for the past 65 years. We subsidised electricity bill and gave free water and we just spent over Rs 200 and 40 crore respectively, he said, adding this is much less than Rs 54,000 crore the government will lose by favouring Reliance.
The AAP government had ordered an FIR to be registered against Ambani and Union petroleum minister Veerappa Moily for the alleged irregularities in the KG gas basin issue.
As he started his road show from Kanpur and progressed towards Auriya and Itawa, he received lukewarm response, but it swelled as he reached Firozabad and Agra. In Agra, he also visited a gurudwara.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Don't give any importance to Ramgopal Yadav's remarks: Mulayam Singh Yadav
- Watch: Report on delayed development in Ayodhya
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town