Country going through tough phase; Congress, SP responsible: Rajnath
Lucknow: BJP president and party candidate from Lucknow Rajnath Singh on Saturday said that the country was passing through a tough phase.
Addressing an election rally here this evening, Singh said that whether it was economic sector, condition of farmers or issues related to the youths the country was facing a tough time.
He alleged that the present Congress-led UPA government at the Centre and the SP government in Uttar Pradesh were responsible for the situation.
Singh alleged that while both the parties ruled the state for the longest time, they betrayed the people.
Expressing confidence that BJP will form the next government at the Centre and Narendra Modi will become the Prime Minister, Singh said his party would play a pivotal role in development of the country.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice