Country is proud of CISF: UP Gov
Ghaziabad: Uttar Pradesh Governor B L Joshi today said the country is proud of the Central Industrial Security Force, which also guards important infrastructure in the country.
The force, created for the security of industrial establishments, has also immensely contributed to the safety of national monuments and airports across the country, the Governor said
Addressing CISF`s 47th foundation day ceremony here, Joshi said the 1.39 lakh-strong force began in 1968 with mere 3000 jawans.
Besides guarding 130 industrial units across the country, CISF is also looking after security of nuclear centers, historical monuments including the Taj Mahal, airports, metro stations and VVIPs, he said.
The Governor also took salute of the parade and also gave away awards and medals to kin of martyrs.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Navjot Singh Sidhu diagnosed with DVT: Know about this life threatening disease!
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- Rahul Gandhi takes potshot at PM Narendra Modi's fashion sense - Watch