Country is proud of CISF: UP Gov
Ghaziabad: Uttar Pradesh Governor B L Joshi today said the country is proud of the Central Industrial Security Force, which also guards important infrastructure in the country.
The force, created for the security of industrial establishments, has also immensely contributed to the safety of national monuments and airports across the country, the Governor said
Addressing CISF`s 47th foundation day ceremony here, Joshi said the 1.39 lakh-strong force began in 1968 with mere 3000 jawans.
Besides guarding 130 industrial units across the country, CISF is also looking after security of nuclear centers, historical monuments including the Taj Mahal, airports, metro stations and VVIPs, he said.
The Governor also took salute of the parade and also gave away awards and medals to kin of martyrs.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- India in Olympics: PM Modi forms task force to improve Indian sports
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai
- Karan Johar to reveal 'first phase' of Ranbir Kapoor starrer 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' tomorrow
- LG X Screen: Smartphone that offers more than just two screens
- Bomb explodes at Brussels criminology institute, no casualties
- Four youths arrested in Mewat murder-rape, loot case
- Quake of magnitude 7.4 strikes northwest of Ascension Island: USGS