Country is proud of CISF: UP Gov
Ghaziabad: Uttar Pradesh Governor B L Joshi today said the country is proud of the Central Industrial Security Force, which also guards important infrastructure in the country.
The force, created for the security of industrial establishments, has also immensely contributed to the safety of national monuments and airports across the country, the Governor said
Addressing CISF`s 47th foundation day ceremony here, Joshi said the 1.39 lakh-strong force began in 1968 with mere 3000 jawans.
Besides guarding 130 industrial units across the country, CISF is also looking after security of nuclear centers, historical monuments including the Taj Mahal, airports, metro stations and VVIPs, he said.
The Governor also took salute of the parade and also gave away awards and medals to kin of martyrs.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal