`Country needs a Prez like Pranab Mukherjee`
Badaun (UP): Her party is yet to reveal its cards on the Presidential candidate but BJP MP Maneka Gandhi on Tuesday said the country needed a seasoned politician like Pranab Mukherjee as president.
"He is a seasoned politician.... I know him for the past 30 years. We need such a president, who will work," Maneka said when asked about Mukherjee`s possible candidature for the top post.
Finance Minister Pranab Mukherjee`s name is among the possible Presidential candidates of the UPA.
Maneka also supported Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi`s projection as Prime Ministerial candidate by BJP in the next general elections.
"Modi is our party leader... His projection would be good," she said.
Maneka, however, added that she could not say what the party would decide.
About BJP`s fiasco in Kannauj where its candidate could not file nominations, Gandhi said that he went late for filing nominations.
"It is party`s mistake to field such a candidate," she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SC rejects plea seeking ban on WhatsApp messaging app
- 7th Pay Commission: Cabinet approves pay hike for govt employees
- NIA busts ISIS module in Hyderabad; 11 arrested
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee?
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part II