Couple arrested in five-year-old abduction case
New Delhi: A couple, wanted in a
five-year-old abduction case, have been arrested from
Farukhabad district of Uttar Pradesh, police said Friday.
Rajesh alias Bhure and his wife Anita were arrested from
Dabua village in Farukhabad on Wednesday. They were declared
proclaimed offenders by a Delhi court in a case of abduction
for ransom, police said.
Rajesh and Anita along with accomplices `Collectory`
alias D M and Ram Pratap had abducted one Babloo and demanded
Rs five lakh as ransom from his family five years ago.
Collectory was arrested and Babloo was rescued but
Rajesh, Anita and Ram Pratap managed to escape.
After getting information about their hideout, a
police team raided various places in the village and arrested
the couple on February 16, the official said.
Rajesh got married to Anita in 2003. They later came in
contact with D M Gang which used to abduct people and demand
ransom money from their family members.
Rajesh was also wanted in a case under Gangsters Act and
many other crimes in Farukhabad, police said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Haryana minister Anil Vij gets into spat with Fatehabad SP Sangeeta Kalia
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's controversial statement on PoK
- DNA: Heart-wrenching stories of Kashmiri pandits
- Amit Shah interacts with journalists at BJP office
- Watch: Amateur footage of a boy falling from Mumbai local train
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan
- Why so much hullabaloo over Aamir's statement, asks Nagma