Couple arrested in five-year-old abduction case
New Delhi: A couple, wanted in a
five-year-old abduction case, have been arrested from
Farukhabad district of Uttar Pradesh, police said Friday.
Rajesh alias Bhure and his wife Anita were arrested from
Dabua village in Farukhabad on Wednesday. They were declared
proclaimed offenders by a Delhi court in a case of abduction
for ransom, police said.
Rajesh and Anita along with accomplices `Collectory`
alias D M and Ram Pratap had abducted one Babloo and demanded
Rs five lakh as ransom from his family five years ago.
Collectory was arrested and Babloo was rescued but
Rajesh, Anita and Ram Pratap managed to escape.
After getting information about their hideout, a
police team raided various places in the village and arrested
the couple on February 16, the official said.
Rajesh got married to Anita in 2003. They later came in
contact with D M Gang which used to abduct people and demand
ransom money from their family members.
Rajesh was also wanted in a case under Gangsters Act and
many other crimes in Farukhabad, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections 2017: Samajwadi Party's 'kaam bolta hai' slogan faces litmus test
- Sony Xperia X gets a price cut of whopping Rs 14,000