Couple commit suicide after daughter`s wedding called off
Firozabad: Depressed after their daughter`s wedding was called off, a couple on Wednesday allegedly committed suicide by consuming poisonous substance here.
Jamuna Prasad Bansal (55) and his wife Shashi (48) consumed poison this morning and were rushed to a hospital, where they were declared dead, police said.
The two were depressed after marriage of their daughter, which was scheduled for March 24, was cancelled due to some reason. They also had some financial problems.
The bodies have been sent for post-mortem.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- RIP Amma: When Jayalalithaa sang one of her favourite songs, that too in Hindi - WATCH