Couple commits suicide in Bhadoi
Bhadoi: A couple allegedly committed suicide by setting themselves on fire over a marital discord in Aurai area, police said here Thursday.
Vinod Maurya (25) and his wife Chandni (23) had a dispute last night after which they set themselves on fire in Khamaria, they said.
The couple was rushed to a hospital where Chandni died, while Vinod was referred to Mirzapur in a critical condition.
Vinod succumbed to burn injuries this morning, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Britain probes whether some Sharia courts legitimise forced marriage, divorces unfair to women
- PM Modi to flag-off Mizoram’s first broad-gauge passenger train from Bairabi to Silchar today
- Bodos, ex-militants hail Modi govt for giving ST status to Bodo-Kacharis in Assam's hill districts
- South Korean navy fires warning shots after North incursion
- Trump lays claim to Republican presidential nomination