Couple consume sulphas outside Jhansi SSP office; husband dies
Lucknow: A couple today allegedly consumed
sulphas tablets in front of the SSP office in Jhansi district
that resulted in the death of the husband as the wife still
battles for life.
Kailash Rajput (48) and his wife Kesar Devi (45) had met
Senior Superintendent of Police Jhansi Vinod Kumar Dohre in
connection with the alleged assault on their son Narendra
Singh by four people of Ujiyan village on July 27, police
After coming out of the SSP office, they consumed sulphas
tablets and informed a constable standing there. The two were
rushed to the Jhansi medical college hospital, 350 kms from
here, where Kailash died, they said.
Police sources said that on July 28, an FIR was filed
in connection with the assault on Narendra. His parents were
today assured of all assistance by the SSP.
Soon after the incident, Dohre suspended the thana
in-charge and a senior sub-inspector in this connection.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Dawood, Hafiz Saeed to be in fix as US, India may join hands to nab them
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter