Couple consume sulphas outside Jhansi SSP office; husband dies
Lucknow: A couple today allegedly consumed
sulphas tablets in front of the SSP office in Jhansi district
that resulted in the death of the husband as the wife still
battles for life.
Kailash Rajput (48) and his wife Kesar Devi (45) had met
Senior Superintendent of Police Jhansi Vinod Kumar Dohre in
connection with the alleged assault on their son Narendra
Singh by four people of Ujiyan village on July 27, police
After coming out of the SSP office, they consumed sulphas
tablets and informed a constable standing there. The two were
rushed to the Jhansi medical college hospital, 350 kms from
here, where Kailash died, they said.
Police sources said that on July 28, an FIR was filed
in connection with the assault on Narendra. His parents were
today assured of all assistance by the SSP.
Soon after the incident, Dohre suspended the thana
in-charge and a senior sub-inspector in this connection.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees - Part II
- Monsoon havoc: Delhi lacks proper drainage system
- SC rejects plea seeking ban on WhatsApp messaging app
- 7th Pay Commission: Cabinet approves pay hike for govt employees