Couple consume sulphas outside Jhansi SSP office; husband dies
Lucknow: A couple today allegedly consumed
sulphas tablets in front of the SSP office in Jhansi district
that resulted in the death of the husband as the wife still
battles for life.
Kailash Rajput (48) and his wife Kesar Devi (45) had met
Senior Superintendent of Police Jhansi Vinod Kumar Dohre in
connection with the alleged assault on their son Narendra
Singh by four people of Ujiyan village on July 27, police
After coming out of the SSP office, they consumed sulphas
tablets and informed a constable standing there. The two were
rushed to the Jhansi medical college hospital, 350 kms from
here, where Kailash died, they said.
Police sources said that on July 28, an FIR was filed
in connection with the assault on Narendra. His parents were
today assured of all assistance by the SSP.
Soon after the incident, Dohre suspended the thana
in-charge and a senior sub-inspector in this connection.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling