Couple consume sulphas outside Jhansi SSP office; husband dies
Lucknow: A couple today allegedly consumed
sulphas tablets in front of the SSP office in Jhansi district
that resulted in the death of the husband as the wife still
battles for life.
Kailash Rajput (48) and his wife Kesar Devi (45) had met
Senior Superintendent of Police Jhansi Vinod Kumar Dohre in
connection with the alleged assault on their son Narendra
Singh by four people of Ujiyan village on July 27, police
After coming out of the SSP office, they consumed sulphas
tablets and informed a constable standing there. The two were
rushed to the Jhansi medical college hospital, 350 kms from
here, where Kailash died, they said.
Police sources said that on July 28, an FIR was filed
in connection with the assault on Narendra. His parents were
today assured of all assistance by the SSP.
Soon after the incident, Dohre suspended the thana
in-charge and a senior sub-inspector in this connection.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jharkhand: 2 dead, several injured in clashes between police, villagers in Ramgarh
- Delhi minister meets Jain monk over Vishal Dadlani tweet controversy
- One killed in annual bull racing in Peru
- 16-year-old Indian-origin boy finds cure for breast cancer treatment
- Heartbreaking! Denied medical help, 12-year-old UP boy dies on dad's shoulder
- 'Indo-US logistic pact is not agreement to set up bases'
- Defiant Rousseff says Brazil's democracy on trial with her
- Small group holding majority to ransom: Manohar Parrikar on Kashmir
- Alphabet executive steps down from Uber board amid growing competition
- Facebook CEO says group will not become a media company