Couple get life term for killing woman
Muzaffarnagar: A local court has sentenced
life imprisonment to a couple for murdering a woman after
robbing her of valuables.
Additional District Sessions Juge Rajbahadur Singh
yesterday also imposed a fine of Rs 9,000 on Yusuf and his
wife Mina after holding them guilty, court sources said.
According to prosecution, Bugli Begum was robbed of her
belongings and later strangulated to death by the couple. The
duo later buried the victim`s body in the house.
Yusuf and Mina were arrested at Shorem village in the
district on April 10, 2008.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Journalist covering Vyapam scam dies in Madhya Pradesh
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- The inside story of IC-814 hijacking
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown