Couple get life term for killing woman
Muzaffarnagar: A local court has sentenced
life imprisonment to a couple for murdering a woman after
robbing her of valuables.
Additional District Sessions Juge Rajbahadur Singh
yesterday also imposed a fine of Rs 9,000 on Yusuf and his
wife Mina after holding them guilty, court sources said.
According to prosecution, Bugli Begum was robbed of her
belongings and later strangulated to death by the couple. The
duo later buried the victim`s body in the house.
Yusuf and Mina were arrested at Shorem village in the
district on April 10, 2008.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack