Couple gets life term for killing six-year-old boy
Meerut: A district court on Wednesday sentenced a
couple to life imprisonment for killing a six-year-old boy at
the behest of an occultist after they failed to have a child.
Accused Alisher and Shakila killed Ankur, son of a
Sadarpur resident Subhashchand, on April 2, 2005 after the
tantrik told them that they would have a child if they
sacrifice a boy.
The child`s body was found in a sugarcane field in the
Judge Shankar Pandey sentenced the couple to life
imprisonment and slapped a fine of Rs 20,000 on them.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next