Couple gets life term for killing six-year-old boy
Meerut: A district court on Wednesday sentenced a
couple to life imprisonment for killing a six-year-old boy at
the behest of an occultist after they failed to have a child.
Accused Alisher and Shakila killed Ankur, son of a
Sadarpur resident Subhashchand, on April 2, 2005 after the
tantrik told them that they would have a child if they
sacrifice a boy.
The child`s body was found in a sugarcane field in the
Judge Shankar Pandey sentenced the couple to life
imprisonment and slapped a fine of Rs 20,000 on them.
- West Bengal polls: Mamata Banerjee accuses police of unleashing terror at EC's behest
- PM Modi launches solar-powered boats in Varanasi, says 'govt schemes should strengthen people, not vote banks'
- India ready to clear $6.5 billion of Iran's oil dues ahead of Modi's visit
- ISIS developing Google-style driverless cars for attacks
- Qatar National Bank says its systems were "fully secure" following cyber attack