Couple gets life term for killing six-year-old boy
Meerut: A district court on Wednesday sentenced a
couple to life imprisonment for killing a six-year-old boy at
the behest of an occultist after they failed to have a child.
Accused Alisher and Shakila killed Ankur, son of a
Sadarpur resident Subhashchand, on April 2, 2005 after the
tantrik told them that they would have a child if they
sacrifice a boy.
The child`s body was found in a sugarcane field in the
Judge Shankar Pandey sentenced the couple to life
imprisonment and slapped a fine of Rs 20,000 on them.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price