Couple gets life term for killing six-year-old boy
Meerut: A district court on Wednesday sentenced a
couple to life imprisonment for killing a six-year-old boy at
the behest of an occultist after they failed to have a child.
Accused Alisher and Shakila killed Ankur, son of a
Sadarpur resident Subhashchand, on April 2, 2005 after the
tantrik told them that they would have a child if they
sacrifice a boy.
The child`s body was found in a sugarcane field in the
Judge Shankar Pandey sentenced the couple to life
imprisonment and slapped a fine of Rs 20,000 on them.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mild earthquake jolts Rajasthan, no damage reported
- Leander Paes, Sania Mirza advance at US Open
- Yakub Memon, Afzal Guru's executions were politically motivated: Justice AP Shah
- My mother is like Indrani Mukerjea, she likes having sex with many men: Delhi school boy
- Sheena Bora case: This is how Indrani Mukerjea got idea to plot a 'perfect murder'