Couple jump from train after failing to get married
Jaunpur: A couple allegedly committed suicide by jumping from a train after failing to tie the knot in Meerganj area, police sources said here on Sunday.
The bodies of Subhash Chauhan (22) and Mamta Maurya (19), belonging to different castes, were recovered from near the railway tracks at Semhari village on Sunday, they said, adding that had been missing since last evening.
Police said the couple were having an affair, but could not marry as they belonged to different castes.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- Hafiz Saeed teaching terrorism to children in Pakistan
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men
- Bigg Boss double trouble: Four lovebirds, one former couple inside the house
- Five ways to get pregnant fast!