Couple jump from train after failing to get married
Jaunpur: A couple allegedly committed suicide by jumping from a train after failing to tie the knot in Meerganj area, police sources said here on Sunday.
The bodies of Subhash Chauhan (22) and Mamta Maurya (19), belonging to different castes, were recovered from near the railway tracks at Semhari village on Sunday, they said, adding that had been missing since last evening.
Police said the couple were having an affair, but could not marry as they belonged to different castes.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details