Couple jump from train after failing to get married
Jaunpur: A couple allegedly committed suicide by jumping from a train after failing to tie the knot in Meerganj area, police sources said here on Sunday.
The bodies of Subhash Chauhan (22) and Mamta Maurya (19), belonging to different castes, were recovered from near the railway tracks at Semhari village on Sunday, they said, adding that had been missing since last evening.
Police said the couple were having an affair, but could not marry as they belonged to different castes.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- Arvind Kejriwal in Bihar, shown black flags at Patna airport
- After daughter Sheena, Indrani Mukerjea planned to kill son Mikhail?
- Sheena murder case: Rahul Mukerjea being questioned at undisclosed location
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie