Couple jump from train after failing to get married
Jaunpur: A couple allegedly committed suicide by jumping from a train after failing to tie the knot in Meerganj area, police sources said here on Sunday.
The bodies of Subhash Chauhan (22) and Mamta Maurya (19), belonging to different castes, were recovered from near the railway tracks at Semhari village on Sunday, they said, adding that had been missing since last evening.
Police said the couple were having an affair, but could not marry as they belonged to different castes.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?