Couple jump from train after failing to get married
Jaunpur: A couple allegedly committed suicide by jumping from a train after failing to tie the knot in Meerganj area, police sources said here on Sunday.
The bodies of Subhash Chauhan (22) and Mamta Maurya (19), belonging to different castes, were recovered from near the railway tracks at Semhari village on Sunday, they said, adding that had been missing since last evening.
Police said the couple were having an affair, but could not marry as they belonged to different castes.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram on July 30