Couple strangled, bodies found hanging from tree
Rae Bareli: A middle-aged couple belonging to a backward community was killed and later their bodies were hanged from a tree allegedly by a criminal and his aides in Dalmau area, police said here on Saturday.
Mithilesh alias Raju (45) and his wife (40) were strangulated to death when they were sleeping outside their house. Their bodies were later hanged from the tree in Bahrana
village in the wee hours this morning, they said.
The reason behind the murder is yet to be ascertained. Raju`s daughter Kunti has lodged a complaint against the criminal Rahul Singh, who is on the run after escaping
from police custody last year, and two others in this regard, they said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Ram Mandir in Ayodhya will be built soon, says Thawar Chand Gehlot
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan