Court adjourns hearing in case against Sanjay Dutt till Oct 27
Pratapgarh: A local court here on Saturday adjourned till October 27 the hearing in a case against filmstar Sanjay Dutt for allegedly making derogatory remarks against Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Mayawati during Lok Sabha elections last year.
Chief Judicial Magistrate Manjula Sarkar gave more time to the 51-year-old actor to appear before the court after his counsel submitted that the Bollywood star could not make it due to floods in Delhi and adjoining areas, prosecution sources said.
Last year a case was lodged against Dutt for his alleged `pappi-jhappi` remarks against the BSP supremo in an election rally. A chargesheet was filed against Dutt in the court, which had directed Dutt to appear before it on Saturday.
Dutt`s counsel on Saturday submitted that there was not enough evidence against the filmstar and therefore the case against him should be dropped.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India