Court allows UP police to interrogate Munna Bajrangi
New Delhi: A Delhi court on friday allowed the
Uttar Pradesh police to interrogate inter-state gangster Munna
Bajrangi in connection with an eight-year-old murder case.
Chief Metropolitan Magistrate Kaveri Baweja granted the
plea of the state police to quiz him with regard to the murder
case registered with Chetganj police station at Varanasi in
Uttar Pradesh police had yesterday filed the application
seeking a direction to the authorities of Tihar jail, where
the accused is at present lodged, to grant them permission to
interrogate Bajrangi, also accused of killing a BJP MLA in
Uttar Pradesh in 2005.
A Special court had yesterday reserved its order on the
bail application of Bajrangi who has been slapped with
charges under the stringent Maharashtra Control of
Organised Crime Act for March 12.
He had sought bail on the ground that the police had
failed to file a chargesheet against him within stipulated 90
days and could not take the extension of time limit from the
court before the expiry of the deadline.
Bajrangi, whose real name is Prem Prakash Singh, was
arrested by a joint police team from Delhi and Uttar Pradesh
on October 29 last on the charge of making an extortion demand
from a city-based businessman from Mumbai.
The gangster, who is wanted in more than 10 murder cases
across the country, along with others, has been accused of
running an organised criminal gang.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi