Court allows UP police to interrogate Munna Bajrangi
New Delhi: A Delhi court on friday allowed the
Uttar Pradesh police to interrogate inter-state gangster Munna
Bajrangi in connection with an eight-year-old murder case.
Chief Metropolitan Magistrate Kaveri Baweja granted the
plea of the state police to quiz him with regard to the murder
case registered with Chetganj police station at Varanasi in
Uttar Pradesh police had yesterday filed the application
seeking a direction to the authorities of Tihar jail, where
the accused is at present lodged, to grant them permission to
interrogate Bajrangi, also accused of killing a BJP MLA in
Uttar Pradesh in 2005.
A Special court had yesterday reserved its order on the
bail application of Bajrangi who has been slapped with
charges under the stringent Maharashtra Control of
Organised Crime Act for March 12.
He had sought bail on the ground that the police had
failed to file a chargesheet against him within stipulated 90
days and could not take the extension of time limit from the
court before the expiry of the deadline.
Bajrangi, whose real name is Prem Prakash Singh, was
arrested by a joint police team from Delhi and Uttar Pradesh
on October 29 last on the charge of making an extortion demand
from a city-based businessman from Mumbai.
The gangster, who is wanted in more than 10 murder cases
across the country, along with others, has been accused of
running an organised criminal gang.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail
- 'People's President' APJ Abdul Kalam laid to rest in Rameswaram
- Panel discussion on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's hanging
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror