Court allows UP police to interrogate Munna Bajrangi
New Delhi: A Delhi court on friday allowed the
Uttar Pradesh police to interrogate inter-state gangster Munna
Bajrangi in connection with an eight-year-old murder case.
Chief Metropolitan Magistrate Kaveri Baweja granted the
plea of the state police to quiz him with regard to the murder
case registered with Chetganj police station at Varanasi in
Uttar Pradesh police had yesterday filed the application
seeking a direction to the authorities of Tihar jail, where
the accused is at present lodged, to grant them permission to
interrogate Bajrangi, also accused of killing a BJP MLA in
Uttar Pradesh in 2005.
A Special court had yesterday reserved its order on the
bail application of Bajrangi who has been slapped with
charges under the stringent Maharashtra Control of
Organised Crime Act for March 12.
He had sought bail on the ground that the police had
failed to file a chargesheet against him within stipulated 90
days and could not take the extension of time limit from the
court before the expiry of the deadline.
Bajrangi, whose real name is Prem Prakash Singh, was
arrested by a joint police team from Delhi and Uttar Pradesh
on October 29 last on the charge of making an extortion demand
from a city-based businessman from Mumbai.
The gangster, who is wanted in more than 10 murder cases
across the country, along with others, has been accused of
running an organised criminal gang.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- Columbia student takes rape-protest mattress to graduation
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Delhi: Car catches fire after crash, one dead
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns movie review: Brilliant execution, superb performance!
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- RBSE 12th Science & Commerce Board Result 2015 declared
- West Bengal Board Class 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2015 announced
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh