Court allows UP police to interrogate Munna Bajrangi
New Delhi: A Delhi court on friday allowed the
Uttar Pradesh police to interrogate inter-state gangster Munna
Bajrangi in connection with an eight-year-old murder case.
Chief Metropolitan Magistrate Kaveri Baweja granted the
plea of the state police to quiz him with regard to the murder
case registered with Chetganj police station at Varanasi in
Uttar Pradesh police had yesterday filed the application
seeking a direction to the authorities of Tihar jail, where
the accused is at present lodged, to grant them permission to
interrogate Bajrangi, also accused of killing a BJP MLA in
Uttar Pradesh in 2005.
A Special court had yesterday reserved its order on the
bail application of Bajrangi who has been slapped with
charges under the stringent Maharashtra Control of
Organised Crime Act for March 12.
He had sought bail on the ground that the police had
failed to file a chargesheet against him within stipulated 90
days and could not take the extension of time limit from the
court before the expiry of the deadline.
Bajrangi, whose real name is Prem Prakash Singh, was
arrested by a joint police team from Delhi and Uttar Pradesh
on October 29 last on the charge of making an extortion demand
from a city-based businessman from Mumbai.
The gangster, who is wanted in more than 10 murder cases
across the country, along with others, has been accused of
running an organised criminal gang.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Car crushed between 2 trucks in Telangana, 5 dead
- Why are Muslim women being punished with triple talaq system?
- Why are Muslim women being punished with triple talaq system? - Part II
- Why are Muslim women being punished with triple talaq system? - Part III
- Why are Muslim women being punished with triple talaq system? - Part IV
- Goa GBSHSE SSC Class 10th Results 2016 to be announced in an hour @ goaresults.nic.in
- Must watch VIDEO: When RCB's Virat Kohli, Chris Gayle performed 'Bhangda'
- Michael Schumacher is 'reacting' to treatment: Ex-Ferrari boss
- This lake in Sikkim will leave you spellbound – In pics
- Pakistan needs to actively pursue terrorist organisations using their soil, says US