Court approves conducting polygraph test on Raja Bhaiya
Lucknow: A special CBI court today gave permission to the investigation agency for conducting a polygraph test on former Uttar Pradesh minister Raghuraj Pratap Singh alias Raja Bhaiya in the murder case of Kunda DSP Zia-ul-Haq.
The order was passed on an application moved by the CBI in the court of special judge Mirza Zeenat seeking permission to conduct a lie-detection test on the former food and civil supplies minister with his consent.
The former minister had yesterday appeared before the court and given his consent to undergo the polygraph test in connection with the murder which took place in his assembly constituency on March 2.
"I have neither changed my statement nor am I worried about anything. If CBI feels that it`s necessary, then I have given my consent," he had told reporters, adding that the truth should come to the fore.
He had also said in the court that he was neither accused nor suspect in the case but if the CBI felt that his polygraphic test was necessary for the inquiry, he was ready for it.
However, CBI told the court that Raja Bhaiya was its suspect and it should be given permission to conduct this test on him.
The agency had filed its chargesheet in connection with the murder case but did not name Raja Bhaiya as accused.
Although the agency does not have any evidence which directly links Raja Bhaiya with the murder of the DSP, it wants to get a clear picture of his role, if any, in the case, CBI sources said.
They said findings of the test would not constitute evidence in the case, but it would give inputs which can be developed after thorough probe.
The agency has already grilled Raja Bhaiya on May 15 and 16 in the murder case. Haq was shot dead in Balipur village in Kunda area of Pratapgarh district where he had gone to probe the murder of village head Nanhe Yadav.
The deceased police officer`s wife Parveen Azad had accused Raja Bhaiya of hatching a conspiracy after which he had to resign from the Cabinet on March 4.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH