Court awards life term to man for raping minor
Mainpuri: A local court here awarded
rigorous life imprisonment to a man and imposed a fine of Rs
75,000 on him for the rape and murder of a minor girl.
According to the prosecution, Jaswant alias Kalia lured
five-year-old Sonam on the pretext of giving her sweets in
Divanpur village on January 19, 2009, after which he raped and
Sonam`s father Sanju had lodged an FIR against Kalia
after which police had filed a chargesheet in the court.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- SpaceX Falcon 9 rocket explodes minutes after Florida launch
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional