Court directs Maneka Gandhi to appear for assault case
Pilibhit: A local court has directed BJP MP
Maneka Gandhi to appear before it on April 19 in connection
with a case of assault and loot.
Chief Judicial Magistrate Ajay Krishna has directed
BJP MP from Anola to appear before it on April 19 on the basis
of a charge sheet filed by police in the case, prosecution
sources said here.
Shabbir lodged a report at Bisalpur police station in
2008 alleging that Maneka along with her supporters Anup
Gupta, Manoj Gupta and Naresh Sharma assaulted him,
distributed his cattle among villagers and looted Rs 5,000
cash, they said.
The police after investigation filed a charge sheet in
the court which was returned for being incomplete, they said,
adding that a revised charge sheet was filed later.
Maneka has not applied for bail in this case.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!