Court directs Maneka Gandhi to appear for assault case
Pilibhit: A local court has directed BJP MP
Maneka Gandhi to appear before it on April 19 in connection
with a case of assault and loot.
Chief Judicial Magistrate Ajay Krishna has directed
BJP MP from Anola to appear before it on April 19 on the basis
of a charge sheet filed by police in the case, prosecution
sources said here.
Shabbir lodged a report at Bisalpur police station in
2008 alleging that Maneka along with her supporters Anup
Gupta, Manoj Gupta and Naresh Sharma assaulted him,
distributed his cattle among villagers and looted Rs 5,000
cash, they said.
The police after investigation filed a charge sheet in
the court which was returned for being incomplete, they said,
adding that a revised charge sheet was filed later.
Maneka has not applied for bail in this case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Terrorist outfit IS releases hitlist; 4000 people including 285 Indians targeted
- Mumbai: Woman missing after falling in manhole
- Mann Ki Baat: PM recalls dark days of 1975 Emergency, says democracy is our strength
- Mann Ki Baat: Conserve every drop of water, says PM
- PM Modi launches 'Smart City Project' in Pune
- IIFA 2016: Why should Oscars become benchmark to celebrate Indian cinema, asks Anupam Kher
- US floods: 24 dead in West Virginia; search and rescue continues
- Pampore terror attack: PM Narendra Modi pained by demise of CRPF jawans, salutes their courage
- PM Narendra Modi to share his thoughts in 21st edition of 'Mann Ki Baat' today
- IIFA Awards 2016: Here is the list of winners