Court directs Maneka Gandhi to appear for assault case
Pilibhit: A local court has directed BJP MP
Maneka Gandhi to appear before it on April 19 in connection
with a case of assault and loot.
Chief Judicial Magistrate Ajay Krishna has directed
BJP MP from Anola to appear before it on April 19 on the basis
of a charge sheet filed by police in the case, prosecution
sources said here.
Shabbir lodged a report at Bisalpur police station in
2008 alleging that Maneka along with her supporters Anup
Gupta, Manoj Gupta and Naresh Sharma assaulted him,
distributed his cattle among villagers and looted Rs 5,000
cash, they said.
The police after investigation filed a charge sheet in
the court which was returned for being incomplete, they said,
adding that a revised charge sheet was filed later.
Maneka has not applied for bail in this case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state