Court directs police to lodge case against SP MLA in UP
Azamgarh: A local court Wednesday directed the police to lodge a case against Samajwadi Party MLA for allegedly holding a journalist hostage for issuing a corrigendum of his news report published in a local daily.
Vinod Kumar Singh, journalist with a local daily `Aaj`, had moved an application under section 156(3) of CrPc to the court for registration of a case against Brijlal Sonekar, SP MLA from Mehnagar seat, prosecution said.
Additional Chief Judicial Magistrate, Shivanand Singh, today ordered lodging of a case against Sonekar with the city Kotwali Police and its proper investigation, sources added.
Singh had accused the MLA of holding him hostage to issue an erratum of the story published in the newspaper in October, and threatening him with dire consequences.
Singh alleged that he was kept hostage in Harra Chungi area on October 9 when Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav was on a visit here.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- Facebook doesn't pose threat: YouTube