Court directs police to lodge case against SP MLA in UP
Azamgarh: A local court Wednesday directed the police to lodge a case against Samajwadi Party MLA for allegedly holding a journalist hostage for issuing a corrigendum of his news report published in a local daily.
Vinod Kumar Singh, journalist with a local daily `Aaj`, had moved an application under section 156(3) of CrPc to the court for registration of a case against Brijlal Sonekar, SP MLA from Mehnagar seat, prosecution said.
Additional Chief Judicial Magistrate, Shivanand Singh, today ordered lodging of a case against Sonekar with the city Kotwali Police and its proper investigation, sources added.
Singh had accused the MLA of holding him hostage to issue an erratum of the story published in the newspaper in October, and threatening him with dire consequences.
Singh alleged that he was kept hostage in Harra Chungi area on October 9 when Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav was on a visit here.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction - Part II
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- India brought Afghanistan athletes in chartered flight: Pakistan envoy impressed with SAG 2016
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming