Court gives death penalty to seven in double murder case
Ballia (UP): Seven persons, arrested in a double murder case of 2007, were on Thursday given death penalty by a court here.
"It was a brutal case. If strictest of the punishment is not given, it will dilute the trust of people in judiciary," Additional District Judge Kishore Kumar said.
He also imposed a fine of Rs 50,000 each on the convicts Jatin Kurmi, Chitranjan, Ashok Patel, Nand Kishore, Saijnath, Lal Sahib Yadav and Shivji Yadav, prosecution sources said.
The court asked the authorities to disburse the amount among the victims` families.
On July 3, 2007, two persons -- Radha Krishna and Swami Nath --were shot dead in Khadiur Malahi village on suspicion that they were police informers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened