Court gives death penalty to seven in double murder case
Ballia (UP): Seven persons, arrested in a double murder case of 2007, were on Thursday given death penalty by a court here.
"It was a brutal case. If strictest of the punishment is not given, it will dilute the trust of people in judiciary," Additional District Judge Kishore Kumar said.
He also imposed a fine of Rs 50,000 each on the convicts Jatin Kurmi, Chitranjan, Ashok Patel, Nand Kishore, Saijnath, Lal Sahib Yadav and Shivji Yadav, prosecution sources said.
The court asked the authorities to disburse the amount among the victims` families.
On July 3, 2007, two persons -- Radha Krishna and Swami Nath --were shot dead in Khadiur Malahi village on suspicion that they were police informers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof