Court gives death penalty to seven in double murder case
Ballia (UP): Seven persons, arrested in a double murder case of 2007, were on Thursday given death penalty by a court here.
"It was a brutal case. If strictest of the punishment is not given, it will dilute the trust of people in judiciary," Additional District Judge Kishore Kumar said.
He also imposed a fine of Rs 50,000 each on the convicts Jatin Kurmi, Chitranjan, Ashok Patel, Nand Kishore, Saijnath, Lal Sahib Yadav and Shivji Yadav, prosecution sources said.
The court asked the authorities to disburse the amount among the victims` families.
On July 3, 2007, two persons -- Radha Krishna and Swami Nath --were shot dead in Khadiur Malahi village on suspicion that they were police informers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation