Court grants bail to accused in triple murder case in Muzaffarnagar
Muzaffarnagar: A local court has granted bail to a man accused of killing three persons during the riots here.
District Judge Rama Jain yesterday granted bail to Shayam Singh, son of Gatwala Khap Council`s head.
Singh is an accused in the murders of Dilshad, his wife Haseena Begum, and their eight-year-old daughter Ikra, in Bhawdi village in the district on September 8.
Three persons, including the son of head council Sita Ram, were arrested in connection with the deaths.
Over 60 persons were killed and more than 40,000 rendered homeless in the riots in Muzaffarnagar district and adjoining areas.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- Shameless cheating in exams, when will Bihar learn?
- Fresh FIR against Radhe Maa on complaint by Dolly Bindra
- Setback for Air India as 30 Boeing 787 Dreamliner pilots resign
- Sheena case: Indrani quizzed jointly with Peter, denies killing daughter
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?