Court grants bail to accused in triple murder case in Muzaffarnagar
Muzaffarnagar: A local court has granted bail to a man accused of killing three persons during the riots here.
District Judge Rama Jain yesterday granted bail to Shayam Singh, son of Gatwala Khap Council`s head.
Singh is an accused in the murders of Dilshad, his wife Haseena Begum, and their eight-year-old daughter Ikra, in Bhawdi village in the district on September 8.
Three persons, including the son of head council Sita Ram, were arrested in connection with the deaths.
Over 60 persons were killed and more than 40,000 rendered homeless in the riots in Muzaffarnagar district and adjoining areas.
- ISRO successfully launches IRNSS-1G into the orbit
- IRNSS-1G launch: It's a great gift to people of India from scientists, says PM Modi
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights?
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part II
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part III
- Economy may expand by 7.8% in 2017-18: UN report
- Supreme Court approves single common entrance test for medical courses; NEET to be conducted in two phases
- VVIP chopper scam: Italian firm paid Rs 50 cr to 'manage' media
- Top Islamic State operative killed in Lebanon
- Bipasha Basu – Karan Singh Grover wedding: The countdown has officially begun