Court grants bail to accused in triple murder case in Muzaffarnagar
Muzaffarnagar: A local court has granted bail to a man accused of killing three persons during the riots here.
District Judge Rama Jain yesterday granted bail to Shayam Singh, son of Gatwala Khap Council`s head.
Singh is an accused in the murders of Dilshad, his wife Haseena Begum, and their eight-year-old daughter Ikra, in Bhawdi village in the district on September 8.
Three persons, including the son of head council Sita Ram, were arrested in connection with the deaths.
Over 60 persons were killed and more than 40,000 rendered homeless in the riots in Muzaffarnagar district and adjoining areas.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what