Court grants bail to accused in triple murder case in Muzaffarnagar
Muzaffarnagar: A local court has granted bail to a man accused of killing three persons during the riots here.
District Judge Rama Jain yesterday granted bail to Shayam Singh, son of Gatwala Khap Council`s head.
Singh is an accused in the murders of Dilshad, his wife Haseena Begum, and their eight-year-old daughter Ikra, in Bhawdi village in the district on September 8.
Three persons, including the son of head council Sita Ram, were arrested in connection with the deaths.
Over 60 persons were killed and more than 40,000 rendered homeless in the riots in Muzaffarnagar district and adjoining areas.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Batla House encounter: Congress under scrutiny as new IS video emerges
- Batla House encounter: Congress under scrutiny as new IS video emerges - Part II
- Batla House encounter: Congress under scrutiny as new IS video emerges - Part III
- DNA: Analysis of video of elderly woman being thrashed by daughter
- DNA: Analysis of video of elderly woman being thrashed by daughter - Part II
- Kejriwal gives one week deadline to discoms to solve outages problem
- French Open 2016: Novak Djokovic, Andy Murray through as Angelique Kerber exits
- 'Asian Century' largely depends on India, China: Pranab Mukherjee
- Beijing medals at risk for Russia after positive re-tests
- IPL 2016: AB de Villiers, Iqbal Abdullah take RCB into final with stunning win over GL in Qualifier 1