Court grants bail to accused in triple murder case in Muzaffarnagar
Muzaffarnagar: A local court has granted bail to a man accused of killing three persons during the riots here.
District Judge Rama Jain yesterday granted bail to Shayam Singh, son of Gatwala Khap Council`s head.
Singh is an accused in the murders of Dilshad, his wife Haseena Begum, and their eight-year-old daughter Ikra, in Bhawdi village in the district on September 8.
Three persons, including the son of head council Sita Ram, were arrested in connection with the deaths.
Over 60 persons were killed and more than 40,000 rendered homeless in the riots in Muzaffarnagar district and adjoining areas.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country
- Donald Trump calls for immediate closure of ''corrupt'' Clinton Foundation
- Hillary Clinton e-mail scandal: FBI discovers 15,000 more e-mails
- British police intercept drones flying drugs, cell phones into London prison
- My writing will never be the same, says author Perumal Murugan
- Japan's first lady makes first visit to Pearl Harbor