Court grants police transit remand of artist in theft case in UP
Muzaffarnagar: A local court has granted transit remand to Mumbai Police of a cinema artist wanted in connection with a theft case.
Chief Judicial Magistrate Narender Kumar yesterday granted Mumbai Police the transit remand of Bhawna Vishkarmi, after the expiry of police custody remand.
The accused, a Muzaffarnagar-based girl was arrested by Mumbai Police earlier this week for allegedly stealing the ornaments of her landlord, D Mahanto, Sub-Inspector Mumbai police said.
Mumbai Police had brought the girl on a three day police remand here for recovering the stolen ornaments. But the remand expired yesterday and no recovery was made, he added.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- Aamir Khan's remarks on intolerance stir controversy; BJP slams, film fraternity split
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'